Y5 - Jaguars and Macaws
Welcome to the page for Year 5 classes!
This is the place you will find links to support your children's learning - we look forward to hearing what you get up to.
Mrs Buttress, Mrs Parish and Mrs Robins - Jaguars
Miss Scaife and Miss Lee - Macaws
Home Learning if you are unable to attend school
Here is a pack of work for you to complete while you are at home, if you are well enough. If you need some help with it then you might want to ask us by contacting through Teams. Remember, you will need to log onto airhead to access your launchpad.
or look at:
BBC bitesize website https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
Oak National Academy website https://classroom.thenational.academy
Here is what we would like you to do each day:
- Handwriting – using the 5/6 statutory word list, please complete on lined paper if possible and remember to practice your joins. Approximately 15 minutes.
- English – there are a range of sheets to choose from, including grammar, spelling, reading comprehensions and writing tasks. Keep it neat! Use the sheets to write on but lined paper may be useful. Around 30 mins a day.
- Maths – there are lots of worksheets on place value and number to complete. These can be done on the sheet. Around 30 mins a day.
- Reading – this can be done in short chunks if you prefer rather than in one session. Approximately 30 mins a day.
Here are other things we would like you to do each week:
- P.E. – make sure you keep yourself fit! You might jump on your trampoline, run around the garden, complete a Joe Wicks workout or even create your own obstacle course. It’s up to you! Approximately 2 hours a week but this can be in small chunks
- Science – Life cycles work. There are three activities for science: one is labelling and colouring parts of a flowering plant; there is a wordsearch and the other is a life cycle game. Approximately 30 mins a week.