Our Academy has clear guidelines on uniform and all pupils are expected to wear the full Academy uniform.
The wearing of our distinctive uniform gives pupils a sense of ‘belonging’, helps foster a pride in the Academy and stops pupils coming to the Academy in clothes unsuitable for daily learning, playing and sport.
Nationwide School Uniforms is a local company who provides our uniform items.
All uniform orders can be placed online from their website, or you can visit their shop in Spilsby.
The website for uniform orders can be found here
You can visit one of their two stores (in Spilsby or Sleaford) by following the directions to be found here
The uniform comprises:
- Academy logo white polo shirt or plain white polo shirt
- Academy tie with a white stiff collared shirt for Year 5 and 6
- Mid-grey trousers or skirt or pinafore dress. Jeans and cords are not allowed.
- Academy jumper or cardigan, in purple, with the Academy logo. (Please note the Nationwide Uniform website states Y1-4, but this is from Nursery. You can select different sizes upon clicking the jumper).
- Black or grey socks with trousers. Grey or white socks, or mid-grey tights with skirts
- Summer dresses in the school's colours are available for warmer weather (Purple and white gingham)
- Academy book bag (optional)
- Academy PE bag (optional)
- School shoes, plain black - sensible and sturdy, suitable for play outdoors as well as indoors. NO boots or open-toe sandals are permitted.
- Plain black shorts
- Plain white t-shirt
- Suitable footwear - Trainers (any colour as long as they are sensible and sturdy for sport) or black plimsolls
- Plain Black Tracksuit - long trousers and zipped hoody, no logos.
Parents are asked to provide:
- Coats - waterproof at all times of the year, and warm in the winter. No denim.
- Hair accessories to be Academy colours (Purple, purple gingham or Black). Hair clips and bobbles to be no bigger than a 50p.
- Wellington boots for everyday use in Nursery and Reception
Other uniform requirements
- The only acceptable piercings for children in school are pierced ears.
- Earrings should be plain studs or sleepers only.
- No earrings should be worn for PE - children will need to remove earrings for themselves for safe storage or parents should remove them at home on a PE day.
Please do NOT have your child's ears pierced during Term Time - it is not acceptable for children be out of compulsory PE lessons for the 6 week period required before earrings can be removed. The start of the summer holidays is the best time to have it done, if you feel you need to at all.
- No other jewellery should be worn in school - necklaces, bracelets etc. Watches may be worn but should be named and cannot be worn for PE lessons.
- Children should not have coloured or brightly dyed hair during term time - if a colour is used it should be a natural shade only.
- Children should not have shaved patterns or tramlines in their hair during term time.
- Children should not wear hair extensions or have coloured braiding in their hair.
- Long hair should be tied back at all times, boys and girls.
Parents will be contacted and asked to rectify any unsuitable hairstyles as soon as they can.
Please do contact us if you have any questions about our uniform policy.