Each year schools receive Pupil Premium Funding.
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is the name of the fund given directly to schools to support the pupils in two main areas:
- Raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- Supporting children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
We are obliged to publish information about the amount of Pupil Premium the Academy receives each year, what it is spent on and how this impacts on raising standards.
This is awarded to the school at a rate of £1345 for every child who has been eligible for Free School Meals at any point in the last 6 years.
As part of this Pupil Premium, schools are also awarded £2,345 for all Children who are Currently Looked After (CLA) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority and Children who were Previously Looked After (PCLA): children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order.
Finally, school is awarded £310 for all children recorded as an Ever 6 Service Child or in receipt of a pension from the Ministry of Defence.
We will endeavour in 2021 - 2022, to use the Pupil Premium funding to:
- Support the quality of teaching, such as staff professional development;
- Provide targeted academic support, such as intervention and tutoring; and
- Tackle non-academic barriers to success in school, such as attendance, behaviour and social and emotional support.
For more detailed information regarding our strategy for this academic year, please see the attached statement.