Each Academy within the Greenwood Academies Trust has its own Academy Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with the Principal.
The AAC is a small group and has staff, parent and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GAT Trust Board.
The AAC meets formally at least termly and AAC members are encouraged to play an active part in the day to day life of the Academy.
The AAC has three key roles in terms of the development and success of the Academy:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Directors of the Greenwood Academies Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Principal in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures.
The Seathorne Primary Academy has established an Academy Advisory Council who will be moving to the new Terms of Reference shortly. The Council currently includes the following members from a range of backgrounds:
- Community Members – Ann Russell
- Parent Members – Fiona Harper and Wayne Sturgess
- Staff Members – Lisa Beardsall and Carol Scott
- Principal – Mr. Matthew Wood
- Trust Education Director – Mr. Darren Price
Click here to view the Trust Governance Arrangements.